Thermal wellness journey with access to the Hot Spring Pools facilities. Wellness Kit (white bathrobe and towel), sun umbrella and sunbed not included and rentable.
Terme di Saturnia S.p.A is fully aware that the economic development of the organization is not only dependent on the economic evaluation of managerial performance, but is inextricably linked to the preservation of the Environmental Heritage, a base and fundamental element of the company, and to the conditions of Health and Safety in the Workplace.
The commitment is to spread within our organization a culture of the environment and of health and safety in the workplace based on:
• prevention of environmental impacts,
• rational and conscious use of natural resources,
• maximum attention to the prevention of occupational risks and to the minimization of injury risks.
• constant and periodic training of our staff and managerial roles to continuously improve the respective performance.
The goals that we are committed to achieving in the field of Environment, Health and Safety in the Workplace do not end within our organization, but also apply to the relationships with our guests, users, and contractors since the stage of their selection.
This path towards excellence, safety, environmental protection, and sustainability of processes has always been part of our culture and has led Terme di Saturnia SpA years ago to adopt an Integrated Management System for the Environment and Occupational Health and Safety in compliance with the UNI ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards. For this internationally recognized system, the commitment to re-evaluation and annual review is based on inspections and reports prepared by the independent auditor (Dimitto Certification Services) recognized by the Italian Accreditation Body ACCREDIA.
Terme di Saturnia SpA has obtained the ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 certifications for the following services: hotel hospitality, spa treatments (inhalation therapy, hydrotherapy, bath and mud therapy), thermal pools, aesthetic medicine treatments, provision of rehabilitation services and physical medicine, golf course management.
UNI EN ISO 14001:2015
The UNI ISO 14001 standard ‘Environmental management systems’ specifies the requirements of a sustainable environmental management system that an organization must use to manage its resources systematically based on the environmental pillar of sustainability.
For the benefit of the organization itself and of the interested parties, the standard helps to achieve the expected outcomes of the organization’s management system and environmental policy, including:
- the fulfilment of compliance obligations with the requirements of environmental laws,
- identification of environmental risks,
- the achievement of goals related to sustainability and to reducing the environmental impact,
- a process of continuous improvement of environmental performance.
UNI ISO 45001:2018
The UNI ISO 45001 standard ‘Occupational health and safety management systems’ is the first international norm to define the standards of good practice for protection and safety in the workplace, through the reduction of risk factors in the workplace and the improvement of workers’ health and well-being conditions.
In applying the principles of the standard, the aim is to achieve some objectives, among these:
- increasing prevention and monitoring of the workplace, reducing the number of accidents,
- ensuring legislative compliance,
- significantly reducing the risk of serious accidents,
- improving safety performance,
- increasing staff satisfaction and improving the corporate mood.
- promoting a shared management of safety through the essential participation and consultation of workers as essential resources for identifying hidden dangers and for the implementation of prevention policies.
Compliance with all these standards, together with those adopted by the prestigious international association The Leading Hotels of the World, confirms Terme di Saturnia’s commitment to the highest quality, respect for the territory, and maximum attention to the service of guests, employees, and stakeholders.